Planning & Building Regs

Planning and Building Regulations

A key area of specialisation is submitting planning applications seeking planning and building control permissions.

My experience ranges from the “bread and butter work” of

  • house extensions
  • garages
  • conservatories
  • new dwellings
  • loft and barn conversions and
  • agricultural buildings
  • through to

  • housing estates
  • listed buildings
  • commercial offices
  • warehouses
  • portal frame structures
  • tourist developments
  • self-catering apartments
  • caravan parks and
  • chalet accommodation for hotels and public houses
  • Caravan Park


    Planning and The Service Provided

    After agreeing fees, provisional designs are prepared and these are then discussed with clients. The designs are then amended if necessary to meet clients' requirements. Advice on the scheme’s potential for obtaining planning approval will be given, but clients have the final decision on the scheme submitted. 3D images are prepared to help clients visualise their proposal.

    New Dwelling

    As Perceived

    As Built

    After clients have agreed the provisional designs, I will proceed to submit a planning application. Having worked closely with Planning Authorities for many years, I have a realistic understanding of what is required before an application submission.

    In some instances Planning Approval is not required and, if this is the case, clients will be advised accordingly. However, written confirmation is always obtained from Planning Departments as failure to do so may lead to future problems if the property is ever sold.

    Building Regulations

    Building Control is becoming more complex especially in respect of energy conservation.

    At the building control application stage energy ratings, structural calculations, drainage design, water use calculations etc. are required. Most of these are within my expertise, but if not then I will advise on the instruction of an appropriate specialist.

    Completed New Dwellings and Barn Conversions require Energy Performance Certificates which these I am able to provide.